Open enrollment closes on January 30, 2016, so now is the time to purchase health insurance. For many, finding a health insurance plan that meets basic needs and works in coordination with other public benefits such as the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and the Health Insurance Payment Program (HIPP) is a daunting task. Positive Resource Center’s benefits counselors are available to help with healthcare coordination and planning.
Here are some tips for buying health insurance:
- Check to see what insurance plans are accepted by your doctor
- Make sure your prescriptions are covered under prospective insurance plans
- Find out co-pay amounts for routine services and any special procedures you expect to undergo in the next year
- Find out maximum out of pocket annual limits
- Find out monthly premiums
If you are HIV-positive and a San Francisco resident, call Positive Resource Center for help at 415-777-0333. Remember, open enrollment closes on January 30, 2016, so make sure you are covered today. Don’t forget—you can enroll in Medi-Cal anytime, even outside the open enrollment period. Finally, stay connected with Positive Resource Center to learn about new ADAP and HIPP enrollment services to come in 2016!