By, Rebecca Levin
The California Department of Public Heath (CDPH) has terminated its contract with A.J. Boggs for AIDS Drugs Assistance Program (ADAP) administration.
Effective March 6, 2017, CDPH will directly provide all ADAP eligibility and enrollment services. CDPH is in the process of developing a new enrollment portal, call center, and data processing center for program administration.
The termination of the A.J. Boggs’ contract does not require any action from ADAP clients, but it will cause important changes to enrollment workers’ processes in the following weeks. Clients and providers should keep in mind the following information:
If You Are a Client:
- The benefits you are receiving, the enrollment worker you work with, and the pharmacy you use will not be impacted by this change.
If You Are an Enrollment Worker:
- Through 5pm March 3, 2017, continue submitting documentation to A.J. Boggs and calling the A.J. Boggs support team (Ph: 844-550-3944, Fax: 844-666-1411)
- Beginning Monday, March 6th
- Call 844-421-7050 for questions regarding eligibility or ADAP enrollment.
- Fax documents related to Medical Out-of-Pocket Claims to Pool Administrators Inc. at 860-560-8225.
- For questions regarding medication access at the pharmacy, call Magellan 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-424-5906.
- If you previously sent information to A.J. Boggs and have not heard back, please fax the information to CDPH at 844-421-8008.
- Beginning the week of March 13th, the Office of AIDS will start providing enrollment workers training and access to the new enrollment portal.
- OA-HIPP documentation should be submitted directly to the appropriate OA-HIPP Analyst or faxed to OA-HIPP at (916) 440-5490.